The YouTube thumbnail is a small picture. It is what every person sees in his feed if he comes across your video. That is why we can say with confidence that this is one of the two most significant components. Second, but no less important, is the catchy title. No matter how good your visuals are, you will have to make people notice your content by telling some story. What will this video be about?
In fact, you can create a thumbnail by yourself. Now you don’t have to pay for a graphic designer to make a thumbnail or a social media template. Many popular bloggers do exactly the same. Plus, it will reduce time on explaining in detail to another person how your page or channel should look like and still not be satisfied with the result. You can just read about some graphic design rules and use an online graphic editor. With dozens of different programs, there is no need to master complex graphic editors such as Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Figma and so on. But creating a good thumbnail is still quite a challenge, especially for inexperienced users. What should be a good thumbnail and where to find a youtube thumbnail maker?
A few tips for creating a thumbnail
As already mentioned, creating a good thumbnail is harder than it looks. But there are a few general recommendations that are suitable for any YouTuber, regardless of the direction of the content being created. These tips include:
- For the most part, you can create a thumbnail using a still image from your own video. But easier doesn’t mean better. A custom thumbnail made “with love and soul” is much more appealing.
- Since the thumbnail is displayed both in the sidebar on the right, in Notifications, and on the main page, it must have an appropriate size. The most universal size is 1280×720. But you can also use 1920×1080. In most cases, it is better to use a large but compressed image rather than a small one that will pixelate when enlarged. The thumbnail size should not exceed 2 MB.
- An image is good, but you can’t do a thumbnail without text. Get creative and add some. Often the title of the video is used as text, but this is not required. You can use your imagination in this matter. Do not forget that the text should not be too large.
- Think about branding. If you are experienced in this business, then you should have already created your own “brand” – a corporate combination of colors, fonts, and pictures. Don’t forget that the thumbnail is also part of the brand.
- Add contrast. It draws attention. Not saying that you should mix all the brightest colors together, but some bright elements such as red pointers, circles and text can get people interested. Don’t try to overdue it though, balance is important. And again, no need to write a whole article on your thumbnail, a few catchy words and you are all done. Same thing with the pointers and circles.
- Do not try to fool people by making a title that does not match the video’s theme. If you type something like “I nearly died today!” and it will be the most calming let’s play on Animal Crossing. The next time people wouldn’t believe you, and they’d unsubscribe.
These tips are general and suitable for everyone. But how do you make high-quality thumbnails?
Why should you trust create-vista.com?
As we already mentioned, the need to master complex programs to create a YouTube thumbnail has already disappeared. You just need to choose a good online service and get to work. Register now and create anything needed for your account promotion. What create-vista can offer you:
- A large number of templates.
- Various tools to create everything you need.
- A database of training materials that is useful not only for beginners but also for experienced users.
- Additionally, a large number of materials are available in the service’s database to create a good thumbnail for any purpose.
It should be noted that all of the above materials are regularly updated. If you can’t find something today, you might be able to find it tomorrow. It is especially interesting to watch the update of the database with training materials because there you can often find something very interesting even for experienced users.
Most of the materials are available for free. But if you could not find the necessary data for free, then for a small monthly fee you can get full access to the resource. If YouTube becomes your main source of income, then this investment will pay off extremely quickly. While you are waiting and doubting, someone is already creating the thumbnail of their dreams and attracting more and more viewers.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.