- Specific: Work with clear intentions, not broad or vague goals.
- Smart: Think hard about what the project means to the company.
- Meaningful: How this goal will help bring meaning to the organization.
- Measurable: Provide a method to gauge your success by setting benchmarks to meet.
- Acceptable: Objectives that are approved by the leadership team and board of directors.
- Achievable: Sensible objectives that are realistic and able to be achieved.
- Relevant: Cut out unnecessary or irrelevant work that could take away from what’s important.
- Repeatable: Goals that can be reliably achieved over and over.
- Timely: Set a clear beginning and end to adhere to in reaching your goals.
- Transparent: Objectives that everyone on the team understands and knows why they were implemented.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.