- Specific: Work with clear intentions, not broad or vague goals.
- Smart: Think hard about what the project means to the company.
- Meaningful: How this goal will help bring meaning to the organization.
- Measurable: Provide a method to gauge your success by setting benchmarks to meet.
- Acceptable: Objectives that are approved by the leadership team and board of directors.
- Achievable: Sensible objectives that are realistic and able to be achieved.
- Relevant: Cut out unnecessary or irrelevant work that could take away from what’s important.
- Repeatable: Goals that can be reliably achieved over and over.
- Timely: Set a clear beginning and end to adhere to in reaching your goals.
- Transparent: Objectives that everyone on the team understands and knows why they were implemented.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.