You’re a customer. You’re out online looking for affordable skate shoes to test out the new rink your enthusiastic mayor has just launched. How many pages would you scroll through before you go with one of the sellers? For perspective, less than 5% go to the second page.
Now, as a site owner, you definitely crave all the goodness the internet offers. Being on page one and at the top (or pretty close) is the first ticket towards getting that. And the secret? It lies in synergizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics.
We’ll show you what this is all about. Also, if you hang around long enough, you’ll see how Vancouver SEO Services can get you there faster and sooner.
Over half of all online experiences pay allegiance to organic search. Guess who sits at the center of this search? SEO.
- On-Page SEO
Your shop sells skates, right? Here’s how you’ll let Tim, Jane, and Harry know:
- Keyword placement: You cannot be coy about this. The word “skates” should peek out on every page of your website.
- Meta tags: These are the rumor mills telling search engines what each page is about.
- Image alt texts: Kids enjoying ice skating? Good. Tag it as such. That’s how you help computers know what the image shows.
By doing all these things, you’re making your website like a well-organized, welcoming shop where people can easily find skates and learn more about them. Don’t know how? Experts like Client Sprint or others you swear by are game. Tell them where it hurts.
- Off-Page SEO
Off-Page SEO is like the good word people spread about your shop around town. Here’s how it works:
- Building backlinks: When you’ve got great skates, and people know about it, they point others to your shop. The more people point to your shop, the more popular it becomes.
- Social media signals: If your skates get people talking on social media streets, you’re doing grand. This buzz around your shop helps more people find out about it.
- Guest posts: This is like writing an article about skates for the local newspaper. People read it, learn about your shop, and might decide to visit.
That’s off-page SEO.
- Technical SEO
Technical SEO is the virtual building and taking care of your shop. You want it sturdy, welcoming, and easy to visit:
- Optimizing website speed: If your website loads fast, people are more likely to stay and look around.
- Ensuring mobile responsiveness: Many people might visit your shop using their smartphones. A good-looking website that works just as well on both computers and phones wouldn’t hurt.
- Configuring XML Sitemaps and Robots.txt: The sign (robots.txt) tells which parts of the shop everyone can visit, and the map (XML sitemap) helps them find what they are looking for easily.
By taking care of both the word around town (Off-Page SEO) and your shop itself (Technical SEO), you make sure more people know about your shop.
Creating SEO Synergy
Looking to get to the top of the search engine results page (SERP)? Then your on-page, off-page, and technical SEO must get along drama-free.
Here’s how you get this traffic and visibility trinity to toe the line:
Develop A Comprehensive SEO Strategy
- Increased organic traffic? Higher conversion rates? Improved brand visibility? Know what you want, then plan. Those experts we’ve mentioned? This is where they kill it.
- What keywords did Mary use to look for skates from the opposite shop? ‘Skates under USD$30’? Find that out, and with good planning, you may just make visitors ignore the guy next door.
Optimize On-Page Elements
- Tom and his crew wish to learn more about skating records or the latest moves? Why don’t they learn it from you? Create killer content they’ll love and do the ‘come look at this’ with their people. More traffic, probably more customers.
- Your images too large? Compress them. Your reward? Faster load times.
Strengthen Off-Page SEO
- Remember that article that was so viral that three news channels linked to it? Yeah, you need more of those. The more reputable websites link back to you, the more street cred your site gathers.
- Hordes of fans on IG and Twitter? Let them know when something new drops. Also, don’t be coy. Ask them to share wide.
- Customer reviews? Yes. Industry forums? Absolutely. These two can significantly increase your brand reputation.
Address Technical SEO
- Your site’s tortoise-like? Compress images and go for browser caching.
- As earlier mentioned, many people are browsing on mobile now. Make sure your site doesn’t fall short of their expectations.
- Broken links and crawl errors have no place on your site. You want the site indexed, stop the errors in their tracks.
These can significantly help with the synergy. But like all good things, it can always get better. Constantly monitor and tweak till you get to the top.
Rise To The Top
Getting to the top of the SERP isn’t just wishful thinking—it’s totally doable. Sure, it’s not a snap-your-fingers-and-it’s-done kind of deal, but the tips you’ve picked up here will get you rolling.
Teaming up with folks who are so savvy in this game it’s almost unfair could well cover the rest of the ground. So, grab what you’ve learned, rally your dream team, and you’re on the path to conquering that digital mountain.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.