- It is similar to vLOOKUP in Excel
- Duplicate values in the 2nd parameter (“keys”) are not a problem.
- The 1st and 2nd paramters need to evaluate to the same number of values
- The 2nd and 3rd parameters need to evaluate to the same number of records
- Formulas that use LOOKUP cannot be sorted
- LOOKUP looks into a long list of values (input); finds a match in a second list of values (keys), and, where there is a match, returns a corresponding value (values).
- LOOKUP looks into data with duplicate values (input); deduplicates the input records (keys), and returns a summarized value based on the deduplicated data.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.